Napoleon Hill said that “Riches do not respond to wishes. They respond only to definite plans, backed by definite desires, through constant persistence.”
Being rich is not about having a lot of money. It’s about building wealth , keeping your money, and spending it wisely. Sustainability is the key difference between being rich and wealthy.
Truly rich people maintain seven money habits in order to sustain and preserve their wealth. These are 7 common factors to those who build net fortunes over time. In studying the affluent, I found a pattern that the wealthy follow. It is more often the result of planning, hard work, perseverance, and self-discipline that determines who become wealthy.
1. They Value It. The rich treats money with great respect and does not waste it. They know that money is a financial seed that can create wealth and can be used as a lever to achieve more time and financial freedom.
2. They Make It. The rich fabricates the money. They work to learn. The sharper their mind, the easier for them to project enormous earning possibilities at a shorter period of time. Money is just an idea. A simple idea can turn into millions if implemented properly.
3. They Manage It. The rich understands and applies effective cash flow management. They practice a precise budgetary plan for every peso in their possession. They monitor their monthly income and expenses and adjust it accordingly to prioritize more of their needs than their wants. As Warren Buffet says: “If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
4. They Save It. The rich believes that a part of what they earn is theirs to keep, which is fundamental for financial literacy. They know that a small amount can turn itself into a substantial sum.
The foundation of wealth is delayed gratification. Spend less than you can afford so you can invest the difference for greater value in the future.
Materialism doesn’t bring happiness but it does keep you from achieving wealth. It will keep you attached to the superficial rather than connecting to the deeper motivation that drives you to achieve wealth.
Don’t be fooled by the consumerism myth that being wealthy is about living a conspicuous lifestyle. Most self-made millionaires live modestly – that is how they built their wealth. As Will Smith says: “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.”
5. They Invest It. The rich believes in the Law of the Harvest. They plant the wealth-seed, cultivate it, and allow it to leverage more of its kind.
6. They Shield It. The rich safeguards their wealth tightly. They believe that financial wealth is measured not by how much they earn but how much they keep. They insure and preserve their wealth with great caution.
7. They Share It. The rich practice the principle of blessed giving. They share what they have with open hearts. Giving is a money multiplier that adds value to their prosperity a thousand fold. They believe that there is a time for accumulation and a time for distribution. The ultimate purpose of financial wealth is to help others find their own. As Bendixline said: “A man’s true wealth is the good he does in this world.”
These simple money habits are what set apart those who build wealth from those who just appear wealthy.
There are three C’s of life: Choice, Chance, Change.. You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything to Change. Develop these seven money habits and you will surely become truly rich over time.
Incoming search terms:
- RICH PEOPLE HABITS
- habits of rich people
- 7 habits of wealthy people
- The habits of truly wealthy people
- money habits of the rich
- habits of wealthy people
- money habits of millionaires
- 7 habits of the rich
- habits of the rich
- rich people money habits
What To Read Next