Thanksgiving Day is a special occasion in the US. It is usually celebrated on the fourth Thursday in the month of November. Thanksgiving Day is a time for merrymaking, shopping, family reunion, feasts and family dinners. People also take time to thank God for all His blessings and for all the material possessions man enjoys. For many Thanksgiving is also the time to thank near and dear ones and being grateful for their kindness.
This coming November 26, US will be celebrating Thanksgiving Day. It is the official beginning of the Christmas season. USA witnesses maximum sales volume on the very nest day. The following Friday after thanksgiving is famously known as ‘Black Friday’. This is also the perfect time for stores to register maximum profit and revenues.
Even though I am not living in the US, I would like to participate in Thanksgiving Day since I feel very blessed. I have compiled a list of “Thanksgiving Inspirational Quotes” as a way of showing my participation:
1. “Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!” – Amanda Bradley
2. “We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” – Frederick Keonig
3. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
4. “Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent lifting of the heart to God in honor and praise for His goodness.” – Robert Casper Lintner
5. “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt
6. “If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice.” – Meister Eckhart
7. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
8. “Be thankful for each new challenge, because it will build your strength and character.” – Author Unknown
9. “We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” – Albert Barnes
10. “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
11. “Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life.” – Northrup Christiane
12. “If a fellow isn’t thankful for what he’s got, he isn’t likely to be thankful for what he’s going to get.” – Frank A. Clark
13. “You say, ‘If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.’ You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled.” – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
14. “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say “thank you?” – William A. Ward
15. “Gratitude consists of being more aware of what you have, than what you don’t.” –Unknown
16. “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” –William Arthur Ward
17. “To know the value of generosity, it is necessary to have suffered from the cold indifference of others.” –Eugene Cloutier
18. “We give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.” – ritual chant
19. “Do not get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.” – Galatians 6:9
20. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” – William Faulkner
Lastly, you should learn to appreciate what you have because there are people in this world who have more problems than you have.
Consider yourself very blessed as you watch this video. Don’t forget to always give thanks for all these blessings! Advance Happy Thanksgiving Day for all people in the US!
P.S. Knowing that Turkey is one of the main dishes in everyone’s plate, here are some Thanksgiving Turkey Pictures for all of you.